Many WhatsApp users have always gotten confuse and devastated by seeing a beautiful feature on a friends WhatsApp status and not knowing how to WhatsApp status for their own use at anytime. Some people have already come to the conclusion that WhatsApp status are entirely temporal and can not be saved.
Did you know you can simply save those interesting pictures, videos and memes your friends post on their whatsapp status without installing a third party app on your smartphone? Sometimes, you’ll ask a friend to send you what they posted on their whatsapp status and they’ll be like, send them data first, well, it’s soo annoying.
Installing third-party apps just to save a whatsapp status which you like is just a waste of time and your storage space, so how do you save whatsapp statuses to your gallery without using a third-party app? Interested in the simple trick? Ok here’s how to go about saving those whatsapp statuses to your gallery
Saying that status are temporal is true but yet it can save if you follow as I walk you through.
However I am going to walk you through the process of saving WhatsApp status in very easy steps and without using any App.
How to save WhatsApp Status on your Android device
When you see the status of any WhatsApp friend, the media files are automatically downloaded temporally to a hidden folder. These is called Status Folder which is located in your internal storage. You can manually save those files by following these steps.
WhatsApp status gets downloaded from
- Go to File Manager
2. Go to Internal Storage
3. Go to WhatsApp
4. Go to Media
5. Go to More (It is usually the three dots at the top right)
6. Go to Show Hidden Files. You will see that some new folders are showing in your WhatsApp media list.
7. Go to Status
you can see all current WhatsApp status Images and videos files showing here,
8. Simply copy from here and paste in your image folder. By doing this you can save WhatsApp Status images and videos to your phone and use it for anything else.
Congratulations, you can now proudly steal and save information from any WhatsApp status. Enjoy the moment.
You can also tap on any media file and then Share it directly from the ES Explorer to post it anywhere on your own Whatsapp stories or Instagram stories etc.
- In every Android device you will be having a Files or File Manager App (File shape icon)
- Install “ES File Explorer” which gives you the option to view hidden files
- Launch ES File Explorer and from the settings on the left side of the screen turn on “Show hidden files” option
- Go to WhatsApp Folder which can directly be accessed and in some devices it can be found under “Phone Storage”
- Open the WhatsApp folder and now Tap on Media
- In most Android devices you can find a folder with the name “.Statuses” which will store the Status updates which you have seen
- You can open the Status update which you want to save and Save the file on your Media Directory to view later or share it with your friends.
Remember, the pictures and videos you see in the ‘.Statuses‘ folder will erase themselves after 24hrs so do copy or move the ones you want to your desired folder before the 24hrs expire
Third Method on How to save WhatsApp Status
There is no direct option given in the App which lets you save media, but for doing it there is an App called “Story Saver for WhatzApp”. There are many other apps launched recently for the same purpose and we have used and found this App serving the purpose.
Note: Let us know if you find any other application doing the same thing in a much better way, so we can add it to the list for helping other users.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD OR SAVE WHATSAPP STATUS OR STORIES:
- Launch Google Play Store in your Android device and search for “Story Saver for Whatzapp” or click on this link – Story Saver for WhatzApp
- Launch the Application and at the bottom of the display tap on “New” which will show all the recent stories
- From the Stories available tap on the Photo, GIF or Video to open it
- Now below the Status, tap on the Down Arrow button which will download the Status or Story to your phone Gallery
Thanks For Reading, Your satisfaction is our priority.