FILES AND FOLDERS
Files and folders are the two basic component of computer data and information.
A file is a software component made up of only one data type. For example; document file, picture file, music file, etc.
A folder is a software component which has the capability to contain one or more files no matter the data type.
- a)How To Create A Folder
- Right click on an empty space on the desktop or on a computer window
- – Go to New
- – Go to Folder
- – Left click on Folder
- – Type the folder name using the keyboard
- – Press Enter key on the keyboard or left click on an empty space.
- b)Renaming A File/Folder
- – Right click on the file or folder to be renamed
- – Left click on rename
- – Use the keyboard to input the new name
- – Press Enter on the keyboard or left click on an empty space
- c)Deleting A File/Folder
- – Right click on the file/folder to be deleted
- – Left click on delete
- – Left click on YES
When this file/folder is deleted, it moves to the RECYCLE BIN. The RECYCLE BIN is a folder containing temporary or accidentally deleted. Here the capacity of the file/folder is much more reduce and the file/folder can not be functional except after restoration.
- d)Restoring A File/Folder
- – Right click on RECYCLE BIN
- – Left click on OPEN
- – Right click on the file or folder to be restored
- – Left click on RESTORE
The file or Folder moves back to its original location before it was being deleted.