The Insert Ribbon
The insert menu or ribbon is use to input none word features to the microsoft working space, such as pictures, shapes, etc.
a) Inserting A Picture:
– Left click on the Insert menu.
– Click on Picture
– Go to the required location where the picture file is stored and select it by left clicking on it once.
– Click on Insert.
b) Inserting A Table:
– Under the insert menu, click o Table.
– Click on Insert Table.
– Select the number of Rows and Columns.
– Click on Ok.
c) Inserting A Shape:
– Click on Shapes under the insert menu.
– Select the shape that suits your purpose.
– Left click on any position on the working space. The shape automatically appears.
d) Inserting a Word Art
– Under the insert menu, click on Word Art.
– Select the designation of your choice.
– Click on OK.
N.B: During the above procedure, the text to be designed must have been highlighted.
e) Inserting A Chart:
Under the insert menu click on chart and double click on the required chart to select it.
f) Inserting A Clip Art:
This are features use for designation of a text and can also be use as a representation of a particular event or activities. As each an every feature in the clip art has it meaning or representation. To insert a clip art;
– Click on Clip Art.
– Click on Go.
– Click on No
– Left click on any feature to download it into the working page.
g) Inserting Symbols And Equations
– Left click on Insert.
– Click on Symbol to insert a symbol or click on more symbols to view additional variety of symbol from which you can select your choice (select a symbol and click insert to confirm), click on Close to exit.
To insert an equation;
– Under the insert menu click on Equation.
– Select the class of equation which suit your purpose.
– Select the type of equation from the call.
– Insert the values for the equation if necessary.
– Click on an empty space to confirm.
– We can also click on the small arrow beside equation to insert a particular or an existing equation such as quadratic equation, Area of a circle, Fourier series, etc.
h) Inserting Page Numbers.
Page numbering is allocating numbers or letters to document pages for easy navigation.
Click on page number.
Select a numbering position.
Click on Format Page Number to change the number formats.